Tuesday, April 16, 2019

EMAIL FROM A FAN - THANK YOU, SHAY

Hi Bonnie!
I gave your book to my oldest, my son Shay (almost 13, 6th grade), in his Easter basket. He is on page 93 and he loves it. He never heard of the Belsnickel until now and he loves how Benjy pulls pranks.
And, Shay noticed on his own that you signed the book and he really enjoys that. He wondered if there are other Benjy books and I told him you are working on the next one! I couldn't wait to pass on his remarks to you because Shay is a hard one to sell on any particular book. He will listen to anything you read aloud to him, but he is always skeptical of any novel type book he starts on his own.
So Benjy is a big win at our house. I can't wait to read the whole thing once Shay finishes reading it. Congratulations! Seems like you know how to write a book that appeals to your target audience. (My boy is sitting at the kitchen table right now, after just getting off the bus, with his nose still buried in your book.)
Everyone is also a little enthralled that I know you and we're in the same critique group! So much fun to share in the product of your good, hard work. You've got a little fan club here.
Shay said that whoever/whatever the Belsnickel turned out to be was "smart" "really smart!" "oh my." he said (he was laughing when he said that). And that's all we talked about the Belsnickel because I asked him not to spoil it because I want to read it too, lol.:))
Sincerely, Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Benjy and the County Fair II

I am so happy and proud to announce that I have been offered a contract for my second Benjy book, Benjy and the County Fair. While it is a s...